After a period of beta testing where it has been available on the Preview pages, The final 1.05 patch is now out. This contains quite a few enhancements as well as a few bug fixes. The most visible changes is the new daylight effects system, the improved map module and the new menu system.
What's new in this release (v1.05)
- New daylight effects system. Thermals and lighting conditions will change during the day.
- Improved map module.
- Vastly improved rendering speed.
- "Drag Mode" (drag map with left mouse button)
- Improved visuals and symbols
- Various visual effects added such as sun glare and lens flare.
- New "Chase Cam" camera mode (press F7 to access)
- New "Auto Pan" mode for inside view (press CTRL-P to toggle).
- New "Overview" Camera (press F8 to access)
- 3D Track ribbons (press "K" to toggle)
- 2D plot of altitude vs task distance, press "N" to toggle)
- New graphical wind indicator in the 2D HUD.
- New in-flight menu system for selecting aircraft and waypoints.
- Fixed bug in thermal generator on southern hemisphere scenery.
- Fixed bug with 2D instrument overlay only showing needles for certain instruments.
- Some internal changes related to multiplayer.
To install this update, download the file below and run it.
To install this update, download the tar file and extract it in the
If you have an older version than 1.04, you must apply one or more of the following patches before applying the 1.05 patch